Friday, December 21, 2007

Be Good To Yourself, or Don't Have New Year's Resolution Guilt

Hello dear readers.

My mother's birthday is in early January so I was looking online for something else to give her along with what I've already planned. As she is a crafter, I decided to go to one of the crafting websites that we both like and came across this:

New Year's Resolutions
by AW


Okay, this year will be different. I am not going to vow to lose 20 pounds or get my house completely organized (although heaven knows I really should do both!). This year I am going to make some resolutions that will be fun to keep. Maybe then I will have a better chance at success.

And since a large part of my world revolves around (blank), I think it only fair that some of these fun-filled resolutions should help me develop my skills and knowledge as a (blank). Alright then, this year, I, AW, resolve to:

1. Learn at least one new (blank) technique.
2. Teach at least one person to (blank).

3. Make at least 6 items to give away to people who need and would appreciate them.

I must say that I like this person's attitude. Why should New Year's Resolutions be a kind of punishment? Why not have fun with them?

So dear readers, what good New Year's Resolutions do you have? Not the lose 20 pounds one; I mean the learn ballroom dancing/speak another language one?

What do you want to learn? What can you teach somebody? What can you make and give away?

No comments: