Wednesday, December 19, 2007

In Praise of the Girdle

Hello dear readers. This post is going to sound more like it belongs on PeaceBang's "Beauty Tips For Ministers", but since Ms. Bang is taking a well-deserved hiatus, I feel the need to write this.

I was flippin' through channels earlier today and for a couple of minutes ended up on a "What Not To Wear" wannabe. Now I'm not a fan of makeover shows (I think they say much more about the people around the person getting the makeover than the person getting the makeover), but I can occasionally stomach it to watch them trying on clothes.

As I was saying, I ended up on the WNTW wannabe. And the woman who was getting the makeover came out in a skirt and top outfit that would have been really cute on her if you didn't see her belly pooch.

While all the makeover shows talk about the need for women to have really good foundation wear (bras mostly), they have neglected one of the most valuable foundation garments: the girdle.

I don't really care how many shapers one has, they don't have the power that a really good girdle has. It holds you in in a way that the shapers cannot. Also the really good ones don't bind or constrict. And when you want to deal with more than one area, a one-piece (or full) girdle provides more coverage than two or more shapers.

So all my dear lady readers celebrate one of the best things to happen in foundation garments. The girdle is great and it's not the same one that your mother used 40 years ago.

1 comment:

Lizard Eater said...

Truvee: I'll bet you money she paid $500 for that dress and don't even bother to wear a girdle.

Claree: Looks like two pigs fighting
under a blanket.

Truvee: I haven't left the house without Lycra on these thighs since l was 14.

Claree: You were brought up right.

-- Steel Magnolias