Monday, October 15, 2007

The Beginning

I loved my friend

He went away from me

There's nothing more to say
The poem ends
soft as it began

I loved my friend.

-Langston Hughes


Well here we are.
At the beginning.
You might be wondering why I am anonymous and in another post I will tell you.

For this first post though, I'm feeling a little weepy; I haven't talked to my best friend for weeks. And I miss her. Thus the poem from Langston Hughes.

So much is going on in our lives that I put a self imposed break on my communications with her. That break will be ending soon (thank ye gods!) and I will be able to talk to her about things going on. You, dear reader, might hear some of those things too, however with no where near the intensity.

Mostly this blog will be my thoughts about things going on in the UUA and in Unitarian Universalism more broadly. I promise my no-holds-barred opinions on all things U/U/UU and UUA.

So sit back and enjoy the ride.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the Langston Hughes poem. You'll have to let me know where you found it.

Welcome to the blogosphere from one who reads a lot of them.