Saturday, February 16, 2008

Even More On The District Meeting

Hello again my dear readers.

H Sofia reminded me that I had not included the price of meals into my analysis of the upcoming CMwD annual meeting. And I must thank her for that.

Lunch on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday seem to be the only meals included. But where does that leave all us hungry souls on Friday when we arrive in St. Louis? Up ---- creek it looks like to me. So that means one must add something to our $621.14 total for a meal on Friday. Let's assume that you can get a meal for $15-$20/person. (might be pushing it there, as I don't know if there are any restaurants around the hotel and you know the price of a hotel restaurant is going to be more than that) So the price of dinner on Friday will be anywhere between $35 and $50 depending on taxes and tips.

Let's add it up again friends. $621.14+$35=$656.14. Or it could be $621.14+$50=$671.14.

So that means a party of two can do District Assembly for the low, low price of $700. (almost)

And yet we talk about wanting to grow. Growth and expansion of representation doesn't happen when it costs $700 do be a part of things.

4 comments:

jfield said...

Our district has been pretty good about sliding scale and because we are vegans we tend to bring a lot of our own food. At GA I usually stay off site where I can get a room with a fridge and microwave for this reason.

I ruled out GA for money this year but we will still do District Assembly in April.

Anonymous said...

That really is a lot. I'm not bringing my hubby because he's not even a UU.

plaidshoes said...

I wish there was someway that they could keep the costs down. I am not sure why they are having it in Frontenac - one of the pricest suburbs in St. Louis.

Anonymous said...

There's an even bigger problem with having it in Frontenac: I-64 is closed from I-170 westward. It's going to be interesting seeing how people handle getting to the hotel using detours.

And don't get me started on them choosing Frontenac.