Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Why I'm Still Writing On This

ChaliceChick asked me why I'm still writing on this. I hope this post will explain some.

I was raised in a very working class home and church was a big part of my life. We did lots of things for the church and traveled quite extensively because of it. I know that this is coloring my view of the whole registration/hotel issue and I don't apologize for that. This is more than about $15 for me.

I find it amazing that other comparably sized religious groups find ways to accomodate those of lesser means and yet we seem to keep having problems.

I know this is a really short explanation, but hopefully it will shed some light on me.

5 comments:

Robin Edgar said...

Does someone who describes themself as "The Real Anonymous" really want to shed all that much light on themselves? ;-)

BTW if you think any of my comments here are getting a bit too hot to handle just let me know and I will turn down the heat a bit. I genuinely appreciate the fact that you have not "memory holed" any of my posts so far. In other words thanks for being a good sport in at least a couple of senses of the word "sport". ;-)

Regards,

Robin Edgar aka The Emerson Avenger aka The Dagger Of Sweet Reason aka God KnowsWho aka GoddessKnowsWho

Real Anonymous said...

I don't think that I have given too much of myself away. :-) And I don't think that even if I give some more away that most of you will figure out who I am. :-)

Robin Edgar said...

Well keep smiling then The Real anonymous. I would like to assure you that dreaded Transcendentalist Super Hero known U*U World-wide as The Emerson Avenger has no particular interest in "outing" you even if he could. Which he can't at the moment anyway. Probably because he has not devoted any effort to doing so. :-)

To be honest however. If the details that you have provided here are not "red herrings" I expect that someone who put there mind to it could identify you or at least narrow the field down to a few "suspects".

Regards,

Robin Edgar aka The Emerson Avenger

Robin Edgar said...

So you might want to keep that in mind. . .

Personally I am saddened by the fact that some well-meaning critics of the U*U religious community are afraid to reveal their real identities for fear of "power over" retaliation of various kinds by either the UUA or the U*U "churches" they attend or even serve as ministers to.

Robin Edgar said...

Just keep in mind that if you tell oh so PC U*Us too much, you won't be able to be as un-politically correct as you want to be. ;-)